httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Burkhouse" <mburkho...@learningvoyage.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Httpsd does not start
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:40:43 GMT
Hi All,

I saw a couple of references to this problem in the mod-ssl archives, but
none of the solutions there solved my problem.

I am running:

Red Hat 7.3

Apache 2.0.44

OpenSSL 0.9.7

1) I have a pretty vanilla httpd.conf  running only one site and I am trying
to set up a secure virtual site in /apache2/htdocs/secureSite/ .

2) I created my key and self-signed cert in /apache2/conf/ .

3) I configured apache2/conf/ssl.conf to point to the correct key and cert
and with the correct path to the directory that I want to serve documents
from

I stop httpd and run apachectl startssl with no complaints, but only httpd
starts, not httpsd, and nothing gets logged.  I have no idea how to track
down what has gone wrong.  Can anyone offer any suggestions where to look?

Sorry if this is not enough information - if you tell me what else you need,
I am happy to provide it to you.

Thanks,

Mike