httpd-users mailing list archives

From Iván Montoro Ten <iv...@knowgate.es>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0, proxy and encoding
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:32:14 GMT
Hi everybody!

(First of all please excuse my poor english)

I've just compiled Apache 2.0.44 with mod_proxy enabled
(not mod_cache), and later I added mod_clamav with apxs
(but I've disabled it while this issue is open).

I have a small LAN and I'm using Apache for auto-browser
configuration (proxy.pac/wpad.dat) on port 80, and proxy
requests on port 3128 (httpd.conf at bottom of message).

Nearly all my users have IE 5.5/6.0, and when they browse
the internet seems like text encoding is somehow broken...
My question is: How does Apache deal with the browser
capabilites of Encoding, and how does this affect with the
result? As this is a "squid-like" proxy... Shall I disable anything
regarding Encoding in Apache in order to let browsers deal with
that with the remote server?

Thanks a lot,

Ivan