httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Klama" <nosed...@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] problem configuring mod_rewrite rule
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:02:46 GMT
Owen,
I used the rule that you inserted below RewriteRule     /(.*)
/mrktechweb/$1/index.htm and changed it to read /(.*)
$1/mrktechweb/index.htm and it actually rewrote the url correctly in the
browser but I still get the error that I do not have permission to access /
on this server.  Any ideas?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 10:31 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] problem configuring mod_rewrite rule

I guessed that...

>What I intended is to take the request which goes
>to the root
>directory of this web and at the point that it reaches that
>root directory,
>is changed to point to a lower directory which is inside the
>root directory based on the REMOTE_USER condition.

Ummm... I'm  a bit lost in the subordinate clauses here (an example might be
useful...) Usually, you use mod_rewrite to map a simple webspace (visible to
the client) to a more complicated internal webspace, e.g.

	/foobar  --> /mrtechweb/foobar/index.html

to do that, use;

        RewriteRule     /(.*)   /mrktechweb/$1/index.htm

Is this closer to what you had in mind?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle