httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Luu Phuong" <lunar...@hn.vnn.vn>
Subject [users@httpd] Forbiden problem
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 02:20:48 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm totally green to Linux & Apache, but I'm trying to get to them.

I've got Redhat 8 & Apache 2 installed. I created an user name uzi and made
this directories tree:

/home/uzi/www/public_html

then create a very typical index.htm file in that directory.

I used Alias directive to make http://myserver/uzi point to that directory:

Alias /uzi "    "/home/uzi/www/public_html"
<Location /uzi>
    Options +Indexes
    DirectoryIndex index.htm
</Location>

then restart httpd (as root).

I also made everything under /home/uzi/www belongs to user uzi, group apache
(the group
which httpd child processes run as), using chown. I also made them fully
read, writable, executable
for user & group.

But no matter how many times I tried to access http://myserver/uzi, Apache
always returns Forbiden
error, saying /uzi can not be accessed, due to permission denial.

Please help me explain this, and tell what to do to get the result!

Thanks!