httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Cunliffe" <adr...@cunliffe.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Web Browsing
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:07:29 GMT
Ok!!

I have a Netgear DG824M ADSL Router, and I have opened port 80 for
incoming and outbound http traffic. The internet connection is shared
across the network, including the Linux machine users dial in to.

When I got users to connect for the first time, I assumed what you said
was true, but when it didn't happen I was unsure!!

Is there anything you can suggest, for why the internet isn't being
shared with my dialin users??

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Meadors [mailto:clubneon@hereintown.net]
Sent: 16 March 2003 20:25
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Web Browsing

Adrian Cunliffe wrote:
> I've taken a look at netcraft.com, and I don't understand what they
> can
> offer me. I'm trying to ascertain what I need to do to get my users
> seeing WebPages after they have dialled into me. I have Apache 2
> installed, do you think I have to configure the proxy part in the
> httpd.conf?

You don't need to use Apache at all to get people dial-up to you to see
webpages.  You just need a router (one that does some sort of connection

sharing if you only have one IP).

Of course you could use Apache to proxy, but without the router that
would mean the users could only view webpages, not do anything else on
the Internet.

--
Chris