httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Cunliffe" <adr...@cunliffe.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Web Browsing
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:56:18 GMT
I've taken a look at netcraft.com, and I don't understand what they can
offer me. I'm trying to ascertain what I need to do to get my users
seeing WebPages after they have dialled into me. I have Apache 2
installed, do you think I have to configure the proxy part in the
httpd.conf?

Adi

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Hamilton [mailto:williamhamilton@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: 16 March 2003 19:36
To: users@httpd.apache.org; adrian@cunliffe.net
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Web Browsing

i just use www.netcraft.com
-Kyle
www.kyleserver.com
www.kylehamilton.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Adrian  <mailto:adrian@cunliffe.net> Cunliffe
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 4:04 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Web Browsing

Hi guys/gals,

I've just set up portslave, with freeradius mysql, php and apache 2.0 on
linux, so that a user can dial-up the house connect and hopefully be
able to browse the web.
All of the programs are installed fine, and I can see my web page
locally and externally, just using my standard ADSL connection. So
Apache is working ok!

What I want to do is when the user is connected is for them to be able
to browse the web? At the moment the user connects and I load the web
browser but I receive nothing when I make the http request for say
google.
What do I need to do to get apache to provide web browsing like this?

Thanks

Adrian Cunliffe
adrian@cunliffe.net