httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Tomcat Apache configuration
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:32:31 GMT
Two options:
1. Add a hosts. file to each client in order to resolve iqc.abc and to point
it to the tomcat machine. That will allow you to use: http://iqc.abc:8080
Ex. edit hosts. file to show:
192.168.13.60	iqc.abc

2. Use mod_proxy to redirect traffic to http://ip_address:port on the other
server.
Ex. create a VHost that will show:
<VirtualHost *>
      DocumentRoot "/www/just_a_path"
      ServerName iqc.abc
	ProxyPass / http://tomcats_ip_address:port/
</VirtualHost>

Now you have to make sure that all traffic to iqc.abc will be going to the
Apache server, the Apache will know what to do with it.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen