httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lisa Gerlich" <l...@nisd.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_ldap
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 00:17:53 GMT
Since I didn't receive any replies to my original post, I will try a
different tack.

I am attempting to run Apache version 2.0.43 on Redhat Linux 7.3 with
mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap compile and loaded as DSO's.
I wish for the ldap to communicate with a Novell version 7 edirectory
server.

I have two problems:

1)  According to logs, the httpd server appears to revalidate the user
with the edirectory for every file (jpeg, gif, whatever) needed for a
particular page.  This makes the page -very- slow to load.  I am pretty
sure that I enable the cache by adding the following to the conf file:

LDAPSharedCacheSize 200000
LDAPCacheEntries 1024
LDAPCacheTTL 600
LDAPOpCacheEntries 1024
LDAPOpCacheTTL 600

However, it does not seem to help.  The behavior remains the same.   Is
this the way the modules are designed to work?

2) I was having problems with aliases causing the server to think there
was more than one match in the directory, so I added
"AuthLDAPDereferenceAliases never" to the server conf.  It helped in
some cases but not all.  Any other suggestions?

Most Importantly:
Is any one using mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap with Apache to authenticate
to an external ldap successfully?

Thanks for any reply.
---Lisa&

Lisa Gerlich