httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Port Binding Problems
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:25:23 GMT
Michael Roddewig wrote:

Please set word wrap.  A sane value is 72 columns.

>I have apache 1.3.27 running on win2k pro and it seems to be having trouble with which
port to bind to. When I run netstat it lists the only binding as port http which I assume
is invalid. There is nothing bound to port 80 though I have configured httpd.conf to listen
to that port and the default port is set at 80. The mail server which listens to port 82 on
my server is running fine so there is obviously not a problem with the router.

Presuming your router employees NAT, it means your IP/port forwarding is
set up OK for port 82.

> Apache does not display any errors when booting up and I can access it by typing in the
url and so can anybody within the network but if you try to access it from outside the network
it doesn't work i.e. nothing. Any ideas?

This sounds exactly like what happens when port/IP forwarding is not set
for port 80.  So it likely is a router artifact.
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---