httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] please help me kill apache..
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:12:04 GMT
George Hademenos wrote:

>yes lewis that is the page i am getting it is coming from
>amoeba.micro.org......so sbcglobal needs to repair their dns so it doesn't
>take one name and point to an entirely different computer.

In non-technical, and possibly wrong in detail, terms:  The DNS started
checking the top level domains, possibly starting with .org.  There it
found www.micro.org.  At micro.org, they have a sub-domain "amoeba", and
that resolves to amoeba.micro.org.  Mirate!  Voila!  Q.E.D.  Eureka!
Ergo,  everything working as designed, except for the  WAD and PEBKAC
bugs :)
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---