httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] /etc/httpd/conf/ vs /usr/local/apache2/conf/
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 02:39:39 GMT
Xing guo Chen wrote:

>Thanks, I found out it is using /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf. but I
>installed apache2 /usr/local/apache2/.
>
>How can I make all related configuration dir to /use/local/apache2 ?

[...]

You can set "ServerRoot /usr/local/apache2", not that I think it's a
good idea.  The Filesystem Hierarchy Standard,
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-3.7.html, says that local machine
configurations belong under /etc.

	"Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
3.7 /etc : Host-specific system configuration

3.7.1 Purpose
/etc contains configuration files and directories that are specific to
the current system.[footnote 4]"

RH seems to be quirky in its file hierarchy, so when you have a choice,
put yourself on the side of righteousness and use the accepted
standards.
--
gt                                kk5st@sbcglobal.net
You have a RIGHT to your opinion---even if it is crap.