httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] higher download bandwidth
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 23:16:14 GMT
George Walsh wrote:

>Paul, are you sure about your rates in each direction?
>
>If you are using ADSL, then the rate to download to your site will usually be about 4
times the rate to upload from your site.

128 kbits per sec is a normal upload speed on ADSL. (Unless you get into
a lot more money)

>There is something terribly wrong with 16k, I agree. You can usually check rates of transmission
from the netscape.net services but I cannot help you with the Windows environment.

If that's 16 kBytes, then that is ~160 kbits, and probably about right.
Until my sorry ISP capped dl speeds, I routinely recorded 1.6mbs dls.
Uploads were still only 128k(bits, not bytes).

<Paul's OP>
>>how can I increase d/l bandwidth for my users ?
>>
>>What I mean with that is I am running Apache 2.046 on Win2K server ( I know
>>I should use linux )....and I am on a broadband connection with 1.5M up and
>>down, but my "users" can only d/l with max 16k...

When posting a new query, don't hit the reply button.  In this case your
message was folded into the thread you replied to, rather than standing
tall and proud.  Modern mail agents thread by the message ID and
reference IDs.  Some folks might miss your post if they are not
interested in the thread you replied to--that would be a Bad Thing (tm).

--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---