httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and dynamic IP Adresses
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:18:33 GMT
Daniel Pomrehn wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I want to run the Apache Server Version 1.3 with Dynamic IP Adresses.
>Until yesterday it runs with static IP Adresses and it worked without
>problems. But now I have got a router and all computers (the Computer on
>which the Apache runs, too) get Dynamic IP Adresses. Therefore the Apache
>doesn't work any longer.
>Can anybody say me how I must configure the Apache Server that it works with
>dynamiy IPs

In the global section of httpd.conf:

Simply comment out the Listen directive.  Same with BindAddress, or use
"*".

In the Main section:

Port 80

In the Virtual Hosts section:

Use an "*" for address.

This may not work for complex set-ups, but it works for a more simple
config.
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---