httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Conditional Logging for RedirectMatch directives
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:22:02 GMT

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Beaumont, Brett wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a way to log only the redirects?  I found
> information in the Apache docs that allows me to log based on
> variables in the request, but what I really need is to log based on
> the status of the response.

Not directly possible, unfortunately.

Suggestions:

1. Post-process your logs and just pick out the stuff you want (by looking
at the status code).  This is the simplest and most effecient thing to do.
If you need the info in real time, you can use a piped-logging process to
split out the info.

2. Match each RedirectMatch directive with a SetEnvIf Request_URI that
sets a particular env variable, and then make a conditional log based on
that env variable.

Joshua.