httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: my httpd.conf file
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:09:06 GMT
[Oops, I didn't realize you sent the httpd.conf to me personally, and not
to the list.  I understand why you did it, but it is something I strongly
discourage in general.  Here I am copying my answer to the list.]

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, CJ wrote:

> Here is my actual http.conf file. I did not want to
> post it to the user group.

Here you turn all Options off:

> <Directory />
> 	Options None
> </Directory>

Here you turn Indexes off, but it doesn't matter because all options where
off to begin with (see above):

> <Directory /www/>
> Options -Indexes
> </Directory>

Here you turn Indexes back on again:

> <Directory "/www/public">
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
> </Directory>

I don't see what the mystery is.

I'll repeat this for the third (or perhaps fourth) time:

If you want Indexes off and you can't figure out how to do it, start by
removing EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of "Indexes" in EVERY SINGLE Options line
in httpd.conf.

Then if you want to selectively turn Indexes back on, you can carefully do
so.

Good luck.

Joshua.