httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] question about turning off indexing
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:03:09 GMT
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, CJ wrote:

> I am sorry I misunderstood. I did as you asked and The
> indexes still show.
>
> Yes I am editing the right file. I know this because
> if I put in the line
>  IndexIgnore .. *  It does ignore the files but still
> attempts to do a dir listing.

OK.  Then lets move on to number 4.  Please post your complete httpd.conf
(after removing all the Indexes from the Options lines) (you can remove
the AddLanguage/AddEncoding/etc if you want), the exact URL you are
requesting, and the exact contents of the error and access logs.  It might
also help to request a non-existant file in the directory and tell us what
the error log says in that case.

Joshua.