httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] question about turning off indexing
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:28:21 GMT

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, CJ wrote:
> And to asnwer the other person yes the directories do
> exist as I created them on the server myself.

Did you read my ENTIRE message?  Are you saying that you have "public" and
"cgi-bin" directories at the root of the filesystem (as in, along side
/usr /etc /home /dev) and if you type "cd /public" you get to that
directory?  That would be a VERY unusual place to put web directories.

If you can confirm that is true, we can talk about other debugging
techniques, but I sincerely doubt it.

Joshua.