httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Searching files in a particular directory by default????
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:51:19 GMT

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Carlos wrote:

> Can one configure Apache Web Server to search in a particular directory
> for files of a particular type if a browser cannot find a file of this
> type from the src specification of an image tag?

This can be done either using mod_rewrite (use a RewriteCond which tests
for the existence of the file using -f) or an ErrorDocument pointing to a
cgi script which emits a Location: header.

But I recommend you instead fix your broken urls.  Other solutions will be
much less performant, and will prevent your files from being properly
cached, etc.

Joshua.