httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual hosting
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:58:49 GMT
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, George Hademenos wrote:

> well i did not think konqueror or galeon could support the extra header crap
> for one of the 3 approaches...i guess netscape is on top of things so
> mozilla probably could but a large portion of the world uses konqueror and
> galeon because of the extremely fast graphics engine in galeon.

For the sake of the sanity of the mailing list ...

Yes, IIS supports name-based virtual hosts, and has for almost its
entire existence.

Yes, every browser currently available supports name-based virtual
hosts, and this has been the state of things since probably 1996 or
earlier.

If you're having trouble setting up IIS to do virtual hosting, I would
suggest looking on the usenet group comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc,
where there are a lot of helpful people.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic ...

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://kenya.rcbowen.com/