httpd-users mailing list archives

From geb...@ameritech.net
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess + htpasswd NOT working
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:37:16 GMT

Unless I read it too fast, in an earlier post you showed a couple
entries from your logs, both of which said "user not found".  One error
line referred to "test", the other to "strudel".  The command you ran
for me checked for the existence of both those users.  You have one, but
not the other.  Yet, the error msg shows that neither is found.  I'm
guessing that something was messed up when you ran htpasswd.

hth,
ken