httpd-users mailing list archives

From geb...@ameritech.net
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Compilation Errors with Apache 2.0.44+mod_ssl on Win32
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:18:11 GMT

Jose,

I've been doing much the same thing as you.  I.e., I've been trying to
build a mod_ssl module.  From the docs I've read (reading "between the
lines"), it seems that this module cannot be simply downloaded.  It
*must* be compiled.  If anyone has evidence or experience to the
contrary, I'd be quite glad to hear it.

Jose-- As far as the problem with compiling-- The documentation is very
rigorous and restrictive about which compilers work and don't guarantee
success if something else is used.  There are other strictures as well.
Are you using a makefile?  Did you use configure to create/modify the
makefile?  There are a lot of ways that a compilation can fail, so it's
difficult to determine the cause of the failure without more information
to go on.

hth,
ken