httpd-users mailing list archives

From jos...@slive.ca
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Sorry for redundant questions...
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 22:05:12 GMT

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Andrew S. McKeon wrote:
> -Anyone knows if you can install Microsoft Front Page Server Extensions that will work
with the
> Apache server (assuming the Apache server is still running on my WindowsXP box).

I have not researched the issue recently, but I don't believe MS makes
any version of the frontpage extensions that will work with Apache on
windows.  You can do it with Apache on many unix os's.

I suggest you look into webdav, which is supported by MS (web folders) and
is available in apache (mod_dav).

> -Is there some type of GUI or HTTP based administration for the Apache server?  I am
only curious
> about this, because I would rather go that route then learning command line programming
for the
> Apache Server.

Someone else suggested Comanche.  I also suggest you just try opening up
httpd.conf and seeing for yourself.  No programming is required.  It is
just a simple text file where you place directives.

> -I believe this can be done... but want to confirm it first.  Can, Apache run multiple
web sites?  I
> want to have an SSL Cert for each web site as well.  So, I will have 4 domains hosted,
and each
> domain will have SSL capabilities.

See the "virtual hosting" docs.

Joshua.