httpd-users mailing list archives

From Xiongfei Wang <wan...@arches.uga.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] problem with configure MySQL for authentication
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:39:00 GMT
I have redhat 7.3 server wiht apache 1.3.23 running on it. i want to use
my sql for user athentication. I did it following the instruction from
p196 to p212 in Kabi's Apache Server 2 bible.  After I added

# Using mysql database for authrization and authentication
Auth_MySQL_Info db_hostname db_username db_password
Auth_MySQL_General_DB database_name

to httpd.conf and retarted the httpd i got error msg:

[root@mango mysqlsrc]# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 100 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'Auth_MySQL_Info', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration [FAILED]

It says Auth_MySQL_Info is an invalid command, but i copy it from kabir's
book.

What is the reason, and how can i fix this problem?

Thanks