httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rajeev Nalluri" <rnall...@telcordia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Java 1.3 + Java 1.4 on m/c
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:57:22 GMT

Some times smit doesn't commit the changes you did (Even though it
installed correctly). You got manually go to smitty and commit the changes.
See if this helps.

Regards,
Rajeev

                    "Manoj Kithany"

                    <manojkithany108@ho        To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    tmail.com>                 cc:     (bcc: Rajeev Nalluri/Telcordia)

                                               Subject:     [users@httpd] Java 1.3 + Java
1.4 on m/c
                    02/18/2003 11:51 AM

                    Please respond to

                    users

Hi,

I am using IBM AIX 5.1L OS

I had installed Java 1.3 on my machine.

Now I have installed Java 1.4 but when I run 'java -version' it still says:

java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
Classic VM (build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build ca130-20020208 (JIT enabled:
jitc))

I have also changed my ENVIROMENT Variables as:
JAVA=/usr/java14/bin/java
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java14

but still in vain!

How can I enable Java 1.4 or how to disable Java 1.3 - should'nt the SMITTY
tool automatically Upgrade to Java 1.4?
What should I do ? Any hints?

THANKS!