httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Override Apache Expires?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:23:14 GMT
Hi!

it turned out that WebSphere 3.5 had a bug towards ExpiresByType.
We're now running a later version, so I can use the ExpiresByType directives
to obtain a better caching.

HOWEVER.
We run a webapplication.  From time to time, we deply a whole new set of
code, with updated flash movies and .js
I wish to cash the flash movies and the .js
Suppose I cache it for a week.  And I change the code, which I want to be
used everywhere the next morning, but still within the week cache.  Is there
a way to override the expires settings???

Imho, there isn't.  Expires are set client side, and my sniffer revealed no
activity towards the server when requesting pages with cached swf's.  I
don't see how I can alter data that isn't submitted.

Am I right?? Is there a workaround?  Or solution?

Thansk for listening :)

Koen