httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Embedded Apache
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:48:13 GMT

Out-of-the-box apache handles Perl CGIs. mod_php is easy to add,
although not quite stable yet on Apache 2. mod_perl (allows perl
handlers) is easy to add but writing handlers is not trivial.

>* Minimize disk usage: 5-6Mb.

Config and binary are much less than this. Watch for log files - these
can grow rapidly but tools exist to rotate them.

>* Minimize memory usage: <5Mb (2 concurrent users)

Plain apache is < 1 Mb.

>I would appreciate an opinion on this approach. Any suggestions on how
>to proceed are welcomed.
>
>Regards,
>
>David
>
>--
>David Tunkrans                   Net Insight AB
>                                 Box 42093, SE-126 14 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
>Phone:  +46-8-685 06 95          Visiting address: Västberga Allé 9
>Fax:    +46-8-685 04 20          http://www.netinsight.net

views of the sender's company.