httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache not shutting down idle processes
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:08:42 GMT

That's a good tip. The default is 0 which means "never die" which I've
always thought was a bit odd - I would've thought some largish number
would be better...

About setting it to 1000 - that might be a bit high. If the processes
lock up all the RAM before reaching 1000 requests, you won't see any
change. You might try with a very small number (3, 10, 30?), check that
the problem goes away and then increase it gradually to tune up the
server.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>-- sgl