httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Moving a SSL cert file
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:25:27 GMT

The key and cert files are just ordinary ascii files - of course you can
move them from one machine to another. However, the cert will only work
without warnings if the new server has the same server name as is in the
certificate common name (i.e. you can't change the site's domain name).

If you're talking about moving the apache binary (bin/httpd) - that's
another story... What is your OS - is that Unix on a Mac? If so, I've no
idea if binaries are compatible across different machines/kernels etc...
If the machines are physically identical and have the same version of
kernel and all libs then it'll probably be OK.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>OS X 10.2.3 Server.
>
>Thanks.