httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] virtual host spagetty
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:49:11 GMT

This should work - so I suspect another problem. Look in
/etc/nsswitch.conf and check "files" has priority over "DNS" for hosts
resolution (could be your system is going to DNS for the IP addresses).
Try "telnet alhytham.com" to check the request is going to 127.0.0.1.
Try getting the site from the command line:

telnet 127.0.0.1 80
Host: alhytham.com
GET / HTTP/1.1
<ret><ret>

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>??
>
>> Normally, if apache can't resolve a Host header, it uses the FIRST VH
>> which matches the TCP/IP definition (IP and port). You say it is
>> matching the LAST one... So I would guess that your FIRST VH is
>> misconfigured and is never being selected. If you don't spot the bug
>> yourself, post the relevant VHs (please - not the whole confgi :-)
>>
>> Rgds,
>> Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.