httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] 2.0.44/prefork Invalid argument: connect to listener, then crash
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:13:21 GMT

Was it just apache which was suffering? How about crond, sendmail,
syslogd etc.? Could be that your whole system got screwed up due to a
problem elsewhere. Things to check:

- disk usage (df -ka) (logfiles can sometimes run away with all the
space)
- is the machine on NFS? (automountd running?)
- any kernel mods? (insmod, upgrades?)
- new hardware installed?
- anything else changed?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Checked my error logs, every second, for about a few hours, was the
>following error:
>[warn] (22) Invalid argument: connect to listener
>about half way through that, there was a connection or 2, but
>the server
>pretty much called it quits after that. So i decided to check a bit
>above, just usual crap from codered, etc, but right exactly above the
>start of the invalid argument was an error:
>[error] [client xxxxx] client sent malformed Host header
>In the access log, i got what the header was that corresponded to that
>error:
>64.167.18.138 - - [10/Feb/2003:18:31:36 -0500] "GET
>/default.ida?NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

views of the sender's company.