httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] anything really safe to use in .htaccess?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:08:52 GMT
Things are not as haphazard as you think. The conditions under which
directives in a .htaccess file are applied are well-defined. Basically,
.htaccess overrides httpd.conf, assuming the directives are allowed by
"AllowOverride". You can't expect apache to ignore a directive if it
causes an error - that would mean you could put in a faulty directive,
apache would ignore it and you would think that the directive was
working...

I can't see how your "Options +Indexes" would disable the site. What
changed in the config file?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.