httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Help with DoS attack
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:53:22 GMT

The round things under your eyelids.... I was basically telling you to
look in the logfiles. You can learn a lot just with "more" or "vi" (the
human eye has excellent pattern-recognition abilities). A few "grep"
commands can also work wonders at filtering out interesting data. Most
of the time you can figure out what's happeing without resorting to
fancy tools.

>The problem is that I have many virtual hosts and
>checking then manually seems a little slow.

Okay - joking aside, basically you have got to analyse your logfiles to
see if there are any patterns of funny behaviour. Try
http://www.google.ch/search?q=apache+log+analyzer&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=e
n&meta=

>It's a good point. I'll check but no extra cron job
>was added recently.

I don't mean a cronjob on your server - I mean a cron job on some remote
client... No idea why they should pick on you however.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>- rt

>http://mailplus.yahoo.com