httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache gives a segmentation fault when I start httpd
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:45:24 GMT

You shouldn't need specifically to patch Solaris just for apache (but obviously, you should
keep your OS up to date :-). You say you don't have any additional modules - so no mod_perl,
mod_php or mod_ssl?

To make sure that you don't have a corrupt tarball or something, download the source from
apache again and:

# cd /tmp
# gzip -dc apache_xxxxxx.tar | tar xvf -
# cd apache_xxxx
# ./configure  --path=/path/to/install_dir
# make
# make install

Check the messages at each stage and look out for warnings etc.

Then try:

# cd install_dir/bin
# truss ./httpd -X

and see if/where it dies...