httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nelson Goforth <ngofo...@earthnet.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite based upon Referer?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:43:08 GMT
I asked this once before with no replies, but I still haven't figured
it out, so I'll try again.

I want to force Referers others than my own site to go to the index
page, rather than to the perl script that drives the system.

I've looked at the incoming Referer string and it begins:
"http://www.google.com/search?..."

I've tried a number of variations including:

	RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.myserver.*
	RewriteRule ^cgi-bin/(.+)$ http://www.myserver.com/index.html [L,R=301]

But it just ignores me.  I know the Rewrite Engine is on, because I'm
doing a couple of other Rewrites on other topics.  However, I need to
put this one FIRST because Google continues to point to the old search
method (which returns a page).  I want to force any search engines to
use the new method, which means forcing them, temporarily, to go to the
index page.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
Nelson