httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michal Wellum <mike.wel...@linmor.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26 Virtual host question
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:38:58 GMT
I am brand spanking new to using virtual hosts.

I have the vhosts working properly, but I am still confused after having
read the faq as to why subdirectories under my vhost htdocs location keep
coming up with permission denied. I am not sure what the proper syntax or
directives are for accessing the materials.... here is my vhosts setup...

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin root@mysite.ca
    DocumentRoot /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/
 ServerName mysite.mydomain.ca
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/cgi-bin/"
    ErrorLog /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

If someone would be kind enough to enlighten me as to why links in the
following directory get permissiond denied, and how to correct this little
configuration problem, I would be more grateful.

/home/websites/mysite.mydomain.ca/html/files

Mike Wellum               |
Systems Analyst           |  PH33R My L33T SKiLLz!
Linmor Technologies       |
(613)727-2757 x283      |