httpd-users mailing list archives

From "NARAYANAN,SRIVIDYA (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)" <vidya.naraya...@hp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] http processes growing
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:15:02 GMT
Hi,

We run Apache 2.0.39 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. It is a simple Apache with no
Perl, no PHP. We moved from Apache 1.3.26 on HP-UX to this version on our
Production environment about 2 weeks back. From last week we find the number
of http processes growing rapidly to around 750 and then the server stops
responding to any further requests. We have to restart Apache and it lasts
just for a day. We never had this problem on HP-UX. Is this Linux related or
Apache 2.0 related? We have Weblogic 6.1 as our App server. We have SSL
enabled.
Our config is -

MaxRequestsPerChild 10000
Timeout 300
KeepAlive Off
ExtendedStatus On
UseCanonicalName On
HostnameLookups On
ServerSignature Off
AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
CacheNegotiatedDocs Off

LoadModule weblogic_module      modules/mod_wl_20.so

<IfModule prefork.c>
MaxClients       250
StartServers     50
MinSpareServers  50