httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pete Mocat" <ky...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] 1.3.27 - strange cgi problem not in 1.3.26
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:31:04 GMT
>From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>

> >[Mon Feb 10 09:17:14 2003] [error] [client 192.168.1.23]
> >(12)Cannot allocate memory: getgrgid: invalid groupid 1119
>
>This is a pretty serious problem. Is 1119 a valid group id on the server
>that is running apache? You mentioned you have a multi-server
>environment; a common snag is to su to a user or group which doesn't
>exist on the production server (even though it exists on the development
>machine :-)

Yeah, the user and group are totally valid. It is very frustrating :(

The machines have many virtual hosts and all of them are set to the user and
group of the particular owner of the vhost with:

User their-username
Group their-groupname

in their section of httpd.conf

It happens randomly for different users but in every case the user and group
are totally valid.

When I check the logs the problem started only after the upgrade to 1.3.27

Very, very frustrating...