httpd-users mailing list archives

From "K a z" <ikaz...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] CRITICAL errors when using the 'Listen' directive.
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:54:51 GMT

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Listen 11.22.33.227:80
Listen 11.22.33.228:80
Listen 11.22.33.229:80
Listen 11.22.33.233:80

Then later down by the virts I have:

NameVirtualHost *
and starting each virt set with a <virtualhost *>

Now, WITHOUT the 'Listen' entries, the server will run fine.. but it will be
bound to ALL interfaces/ips on the machine. But what I am trying to do is
SPECIFIY the ip's that THIS apache server should be listening on.

Anyway when I do it WITH the Listen statements above, I get the following
critical error in the logs:

[crit] (49)Can't assign requested address: make_sock: could not bind to
address 11.22.33.233 port 80

(basically it will report the LAST one... if I only have ONE 'Listen
ip:port' entry, then it will have the error message above with that ip,
ortherwise it will report the last one.

I've been trying to figure this out for 3-4 days know and have had several
gurus wind up scratching their heads.

its a freebsd 4.7-stable system. Sockstat reports NOTHING running on port 80
before I try to bring the server up. There doesnt appear to be any other
conflicts within the httpd.conf.

Any suggestions here?