httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carlos <Car...@pbsinet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Searching files in a particular directory by default????
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:27:44 GMT
Can one configure Apache Web Server to search in a particular directory for
files of a particular type if a browser cannot find a file of this type from
the src specification of an image tag?  I have HTML pages that have the
following type of src information in image tags: src=
"Folder_Name/file.jpg".  My browser fails to find the image files even
though the Folder_Name directory resides under the DocumentRoot directory.
On the other hand, If I change the src info to src="/Folder_Name/file.jpg",
my browser can find the file.jpg with no problems.  Hence I thought that a
way around this problem could be to configure the server so that it looks
for image files in a directory by default if the browser fails to find the
file in the path that the src defines.

I have so far changed the src information in the html files to src=
"/images/Folder_Name/file.jpg" and of course created the Folder_Name under
the DocumentRoot/images/ directory.  This works fine for the few html files
that I have but I expect to have to manage many more of these files and I do
not want to change the src information in all of them

Thanks in advance for your help.