httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jack" <Jack....@FALCONJET.COM>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL Cert question?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:10:17 GMT
Hi,
  I have 2 questions concerning SSL Cert. I am using Apache 1.3.20 in
Windows 2000.
  1. Right now we secure the whole website, can I just secure the login
process (since only username & pass need to be secured). I check all the
doc, cannot find an answer.
  2. We want to setup a QA website to test our application before it goes
into production website. I am wondering "do I have to apply for ( "pay for")
another cert for this purpose" or I can use a test cert or self signed cert
to do this. By the way, our QA website is internet accessible, not just on
the intranet.
  Any guru's opinion or clue?
  Thanks.

  Jliu