httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Donally" <simon.dona...@vcontractor.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache gives a segmentation fault when I start httpd
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:36:46 GMT
Dear Apache Users

*	I have installed and compiled the Apache server, version 1.3.27, using the command

./configure  - - prefix=/path/to/install

followed by

make install

*	When I try to start the server I receive the following output on the terminal. I compiled
this version of Apache on a Sun Sparc running Solaris 2.6

bash-2.02$ ./Apache/bin/apachectl start
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
./Apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

bash-2.02$ ls -lisa core
     44114  896 -rw-rw-r--   1 simon    htgroup   445384 Feb  3 15:30 core
bash-2.02$ date
Mon Feb  3 15:30:25 GMT 2003

*	The gdb output for this core is shown below
*	The only configuration changes I have made to the httpd.conf file were to change the port
from 8080 to 8088

bash-2.02$ gdb ./Apache/bin/httpd core
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.6"...(no debugging symbols found)...

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `/home/simon/Apache/bin/httpd'.
#0  0xef6bed4c in ?? ()
(gdb)

*	I would be most grateful for any advice that could solve this problem or the name of any
other lists where I could post this message to obtain a solution

Regards

Simon Donally