httpd-users mailing list archives

From SysAdmin <...@ulysium.net>
Subject [users@httpd] compiling apache 2.0.44 on tru64 5.1b
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:18:35 GMT
hi all,

trying to compile apache 2.0.44 on tru64 alpha 5.1b
I get an error about unresolved iconv, iconv_open and iconv_close in the
libaprutil shared lib when trying to start apache or when compiling it with
any of the --enable-static- options.
I enabled most of the modules and made them all shared. Also enabled the
threads, ssl and suexec.
I had to add CC="cc" because it was looking for gcc and for some reason gcc
isn't able to create executables (an other issue to fix), gcc was installed
from rpms on the open source cd, as well as gmake, but I'm using cc and make
because gcc isn't working.
As long as I don't enable any of the --enable-static- options, I can compile
and install all the way, but I can't start the server because of the
unresolved symbol related to iconv.
I made sure iconv was in there, the header file iconv.h is actually in
/usr/local/include and I tried adding this and the /usr/local/lib with the
EXTRA_LIBS and EXTRA_INCLUDES but it makes no difference. I also know that
iconv is found during the configure.
If I enable an --enable-static option (such as --enable-static-htpasswd), I
can't compile all the way and get the unresolved iconv symbols while "making
all in support".
I thought about adding the path to /usr/local/include also to the linker,
but I'm not sure this would make any difference either..
What else have I missed?
Should this package compile out of the box after all this time tweaking it?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net