httpd-users mailing list archives

From "O┬┤Hehir,Oliver" <Oliver.OHe...@tre.se>
Subject [users@httpd] REMOTE_USER isn't in request header after proxy
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:33:28 GMT
Hej!

I am trying to use Apache 2.0 standalone as a proxy server with basic authentication for a
web application contianed in WebLogic (please don't ask why :-) ). To achieve this I use the
following configuration in httpd.conf:

        <IfModule mod_proxy.c>

ProxyPass /retail/ http://weblogicHost:weblogicPort/myWebApp/
ProxyPassReverse /retail/ http://weblogicHost:weblogicPort/myWebApp/

# End Proxy Test
ProxyRequests On
#
<Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Password Required"
    AuthUserFile password.file
    AuthGroupFile group.file
    Require group usergroup
</Proxy>

#
# Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
# ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via: headers)
# Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
#
ProxyVia On

</IfModule>
# End of proxy directives.

This all works fine; the users are authenticated and can access the webapp in WebLogic. My
only problem is that the request header REMOTE_USER is missing when the the request arrives
in WebLogic! As the web application needs to know who is currently logged on, it is important
that this header is sent with the request.

So can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Why does REMOTE_USER disapper between Apache
and WebLogic?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver.