httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Welz, Eric" <EricW...@vanguardms.com>
Subject [users@httpd] First time Apache user
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:23:31 GMT
I am a first time user of the Apache http server.  I downloaded "apache_1.3.26-i686-whatever-linux22.tar.gz"
(binary distribution) for my Redhat 6.0 i686 machine.  I ran "install-bindist.sh" without
any apparent problems.  When I tried to start Apache using "apachectl start" I get the following
error:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: error in loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot open
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Help?