httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Savage <Mike.Sav...@datastream.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Sorry for redundant questions...
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:03:34 GMT
1)Don't know much about this one...personally, I try to stay away from
anything Front Page related

2)Comanche
http://www.covalent.net/projects/comanche/?PHPSESSID=2eacb4c113295967943657c
fbeacb849

3)You can setup Apache to run multiple websites (virtual), but to have a
different SSL cert for each one, I believe you will have to have different
IP addresses for each virtual host.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew S. McKeon [mailto:AMcKeon@mckeeler.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 1:44 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Sorry for redundant questions...

I have searched the FAQ's, and searched several forums... but found no
definite answers to these 3
questions.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am looking to move my Windows IIS server to Apache 2.0.4.  I will still be
running the Apache
server on my WindowsXP Pro box, but I will de-activate IIS.  However, before
I make this change, I
wanted to know if:

-Anyone knows if you can install Microsoft Front Page Server Extensions that
will work with the
Apache server (assuming the Apache server is still running on my WindowsXP
box).

-Is there some type of GUI or HTTP based administration for the Apache
server?  I am only curious
about this, because I would rather go that route then learning command line
programming for the
Apache Server.

-I believe this can be done... but want to confirm it first.  Can, Apache
run multiple web sites?  I
want to have an SSL Cert for each web site as well.  So, I will have 4
domains hosted, and each
domain will have SSL capabilities.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
-Andrew