httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Luc Foisy" <Luc.Fo...@technical-magic.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Name Based Virtual Host Configuration
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:03:03 GMT
Anyone else have any suggestions?
We should probably say that there is no other configuration done other than what is mentioned
below...

www.zzz.com and it
loaded the first DocumentRoot.

Both domain names are pointed to my external static ip address.

What is happening I don't think should be happening according to
documentation and links and resources that I have been directed to.

My router is forwarding the external request to the internal address of
192.168.1.100

I am using Apache http server version 2.0.40

I am assuming that ServerName in the VirtualHost directive is suppose to be
the domain name that people type into the browser.

ServerName 192.168.1.100:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.100
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100>
ServerAdmin wwwd@istop.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/arnprior/html
ServerName www.northbaydirectory.com
ErrorLog logs/test-error_log
CustomLog logs/test-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100>
ServerAdmin wwwd@istop.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/directorylocator/html
ServerName www.directorylocator.com
ErrorLog logs/directorylocator-error_log
CustomLog logs/directorylocator-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Does anybody have any suggestions or can anybody point me in a direction for
more help

Mark Tremblay