httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Simeonidis, Steve" <SteveSimeoni...@ap.spherion.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache NT Authentication
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:16 GMT
One module that I like is smbauth1.4.3

[simes@apollo smbauth1.4.3]$ ls
apache       jabber   Makefile  python         README.APACHE2
README.JAVA  README.PYTHON   smbauth.i
apache2      java     perl      README         README.COMMANDLINE
README.PERL  README.SOLARIS  TODO
commandline  LICENSE  php       README.APACHE  README.JABBER
README.PHP   samba-shared

It comes with "module/libraries" for a few programs as you can see

the apache/ directory has got the following files
[simes@apollo apache]$ ls
example.htaccess  LICENSE  Makefile  mod_smbauth.c

Used the following to compile the module.
apxs -c -lz mod_smbauth.c

gcc -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/gdbm -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -O2 -march=i386
-mcpu=i686 -fPIC -DEAPI_MM_CORE_PATH=/var/run/httpd.mm -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
-I/usr/include/apache  -c mod_smbauth.c
gcc -shared -o mod_smbauth.so mod_smbauth.o -lz

copied mod_smbauth.so to /etc/httpd/modules

edited the httpd.conf file

added
LoadModule smbauth_module       modules/mod_smbauth.so
AddModule mod_smbauth.c (???? how does it know where to get that file
from????_

also

        <Directory "/var/www/admin/html/">
                Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride none
AuthType        Basic
SMBAuth         on
AuthName        "My little ole authenticator"
SMBAuth_Domain  NT_SP
SMBAuth_PDC     s-f003006
#SMBAuth_BDC     tank
# Un-comment one of the following choices, ie: All users, or a list
#Require        user shire
Require        valid-user
        </Directory>

when I restart the httpd

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 114 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_smbauth.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_smbauth.so: undefined symbol: Valid_User

Thanks

Steve Simeonidis
Network Engineer, Spherion Education
Spherion Group Ltd