httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Simeonidis, Steve" <SteveSimeoni...@ap.spherion.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache module question
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 23:01:10 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a new module to apache so I can do NT Authentication.

RH 7.3
apache-1.3.23-14
apache-devel-1.3.23-14

I have downloaded a few different samba related modules but I haven't had
much success :-(

Can someone please guide me through that process?

What I've done:

module: mod_auth_samba
1/ apxs -c -lz mod_auth_samba.c
2/ copied mod_auth_samba.so to /etc/httpd/modules
3/ edited httpd.conf and added
LoadModule auth_samba_module   modules/mod_auth_samba.so

also added something like

    <Directory /var/www/html/test>
       AuthAuthoritative Off
       AuthSambaAuthoritative On
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName Company_Intranet
       AuthSambaEnabled On
       AuthSambaDomain GRP-AWD:aris
    </Directory>

When I try to start httpd, I get the following error
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 251 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_samba.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_samba.so: undefined symbol: Valid_User

I get the exact same error with all 3 different modules I have tried.

Can anyone help?????

Is that the right way to add a module to apache??

Thanks in advance

Steve Simeonidis

The information contained in this email and any attachments to it:

(a) may be confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, any interference with,

use, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited; and

(b) may contain personal information of the recipient and/or the sender as defined
under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Consent is hereby given by the recipient(s) to
collect, hold and use such information and any personal information contained in a
response to this email, for any reasonable purpose in the ordinary course of
Spherion's
business, including forwarding this email internally or disclosing it to a third party. All

personal information collected by Spherion will be handled in accordance with
Spherion's Privacy Policy. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender and delete it.

(c) you agree not to employ or arrange employment for any candidate(s) supplied in
this email and any attachments without first entering into a contractual agreement with
Spherion. You further agree not to divulge any information contained in this document
to any person(s) or entities without the express permission of Spherion.