httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Higgins" <cr...@proactive.co.nz>
Subject [users@httpd] trying to get gcc installed
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:33:56 GMT

Hello all,

I have Redhat 8.0 & downloaded the zipped up httpd-2.0.44 file so i can start to learn
about apache.
I realised i didnt have any development tools therefore no complier on my system when i got
the error "no c compiler on PATH" when running ./configure.

So i went to install the development packages from my CDs which have the gcc tools on them
& got the request for the cyrus-sasl=2.1.7-2 & krb5-libs=1.2.5-6 packages, both of
which i then sucessfully downloaded from the internet.  But now when installing the cyrus
package it asks for the krb5 package to be installed first, when i do that my system tells
me i already have a newer version of the krb5 package installed yet it doesnt get detected
by the packages utility from the redhat menu when trying to install the development packages.

i'm doing all this from the graphical interface i'm using (gnome), can i force the install
of the krb5 package from a terminal? do you think this would work? if so what is the command
to install packages from the command line? this is the only thing i can think of at the moment
- are there any other sugestions?

thanks very much for your time.