httpd-users mailing list archives

From andy.eas...@bt.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Web access to php script fails
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:53:25 GMT
Owen,

Thanks for your response.
I have tried serveral different scripts the simplest one just echo's
"hello". I have also tried phpinfo.php both work OK on the server but not on
a remote machine.

Regards

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: 25 February 2003 11:46
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Web access to php script fails

Segmentation fault means the PHP interpreter caused an error in the OS.
This usually happens because a library that PHP is using was upgraded
but PHP was not recompiled against it. The fact that the error only
occurs when using a remote browser means that the library function call
(which is causing the seg fault) is only invoked in this case.

What does your script do? Does it make use of any network functions
(opening socket, etc.) which depend on the REMOTE_HOST?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> There is
>no error logged when using the browser on the server and the php script
>works.
>Any help would be appreciated.

views of the sender's company.